The police in New York were seeking to question Conor McGregor, the Ultimate Fighting Championship superstar, after they said he injured someone by throwing a hand truck at a bus at Barclays Center on Thursday.
McGregor, accompanied by about 10 others, entered the Brooklyn arena around 1:30 p.m. and “threw a hand truck at a bus, causing an injury to an individual on the bus,” Sophia Mason, a spokeswoman for the New York Police Department, said in an email. She described the injury as minor. McGregor was wanted for questioning, but no arrest warrant had been issued.
Barclays Center is hosting UFC 223, which had its media day on Thursday. McGregor was not scheduled to fight.
A video taken by Felice Herrig, a U.F.C. fighter, showed McGregor running while holding a large object, then toppling nearby garbage cans. The police said McGregor had thrown “various items,” then fled before officers arrived.
Dana White, the U.F.C. president, told ESPN that the injured person was Michael Chiesa, a fighter who was left with cuts on his face and was taken to a hospital. McGregor and his entourage were allowed in by a credentialed website, White said.
“They stormed the building, got down to the loading docks where the fighters were getting on buses and started to attack the buses with trash cans, dollies,” White told ESPN. “This is the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of this company.”
Continue reading the main story